<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Exploding toilet

As I was logging out from my Hotmail junk account (the one I use for all those annoying websites that won't let you in unless you register), my eyes caught this news which sure made me laugh hysterically. It talks about a man who encountered something I've only seen in movies: his toilet exploded...as he was sitting there...smoking a cigarette. I can only imagine the trauma - and the mess :) I'm sure glad I am not his neighbor!

And here comes the tragi-comic part: this ill-fated man is suing some company for $10 million because of this incident! As you'll read in the article (link below), it looks like there was some gas leak (funny!) - not from him but from a gas pipe (I can't stop laughing as I write this) underneath the toilet unit.

Now one would be curious what caused this gas to be ignited: his cigarette that he was smoking. OK, is it just me or has this "multi-tasking" thing gotten out of hand? Don't take me wrong, I am all for multi-tasking, but the only other task I can think of doing while sitting there is read. So read this Mr. lawsuit-happy PA man: a bathroom's function is not as a smoking area, or cafeteria (I know someone who drinks coffee while doing his business!)!

Am I the only one to think we've become way too lawsuit-happy? The irony is that this man is a methane power plant operator! So, wouldn't he be in a better position than all of us to know bathrooms are gassy places (pun intended) and anything flammable (more pun...) would ignite something? Geez!

Here's the link
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment