<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Corporate free-loaders

I have yet to meet someone who doesn't like free stuff. Even those who have everything and/or can get anything, they do enjoy some "free" stuff once in a while.

I went Thursday to this rather large conference organized by the Detroit Chamber of Commerce. Besides different speakers, they had a show floor where companies had set up booths to show their products/services. It's become a custom that they have logoed "freebies" at these booths, hand in hand with their literature. They range from candies and apples (first time I saw that) to the "ubiquitous" pens, and stress balls. I walked around and read from a "safe" distance what each company was and what they did and then stopped by and talked to the ones that sounded interesting. Then I noticed these two ladies who caught my attention (not for that reason!). They stopped at every booth and did a little chit-chat. At the end, they always got a freebie pen - even if the company's reps didn't offer any, they asked for it! They must have collected something around 20 pens.

What puzzles me is what exactly would they do with 20 pens? And thinking that this would not the only trade show they'd go, that number is multiplied. OK, I understand that if there's a cool pen, you'd go for it (yes, I did do that myself...) but all of them?! Why? Especially when nowadays we hardly handwrite things anymore. I can guarantee you they have one (or more) drawers filled with pens that they'll probably never use. I know...I have a few pens I've collected myself - and I only collect the cool ones!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Josue', at 11:36 PM EST

FREE is the only way to go!! Long live the FreeLoaders!!    



» Post a Comment