<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Tequila Rain

The night before New Year's Eve, I went out with my biz partner; ever since he moved to FL, I don't see him much, so it would be cool to go out. Since neither one of us was looking for any, uhm, "action," we wanted to go to a lounge type of bar and chill, but made the mistake of inviting another guy who suggested some place called "Tequila Rain" in Novi. What a big mistake!

First of all, although I've been to that part of town several times, I had never seen this gigantic mall-type development called "Fountain Walk." Anyway, our friend was all hyped up about this place, because it was a huge building where you had access not only to "Tequila Rain" (upstairs), but to (drum roll, please) a bowling alley and some kind of an arcade bar downstairs! It was funny cause they had tried to create some type of a high-class "lounge" downstairs, with couches and a nice mahogany-brass rail type bar. But then, you moved your head and could see the arcade in the next hall.

The "TR" was anything but the "quiet lounge" we had planned: it was a very loud place with obnoxious college-type kids (or younger... saw some girls that looked 18 drinking) bumping and grinding under the beat of the so-called "booty music." Don't get me wrong, maybe if I were in a different mood, perhaps it would have been OK, with all the scantily dressed 18-year old bar waitresses walking around, and the just as scantily dressed girls (from the crowd) dancing on top of a cement divider (thanks Coyote Ugly!). Speaking of dress code, has it become fashionable that every bar's waitresses need to be dressed like school girls and/or show lotsa skin?

This place reminded me of my "quiet" college days when we'd drive all the way to Mt. Pleasant to go to a couple of bar/dance places that we generally called them as "meat market" to...uhm...shoot pool ;-)

To make a long story short, I don't think I'll ever go to that place again. Am I getting old?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment