<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

@#$% weather!

I dislike the cold weather. Wait, maybe dislike is too soft of a word to explain my true feelings for sub-0 temperatures, grey sky, lots of snow, depressed and angry people...day in and day out.

When I moved to Michigan from Albania, this kind of weather was all new to me so in the beginning, although it took me a while to adjust, it was cool and fun (you know, the new thing enthusiasm...). I didn't mind it that much. I could walk through snow and find it cool (provided I had decent boots on).

But lately (could it be ageing?!), after battling 12 Michigan winters, this @#$% weather is irritating the sh!t out of me! Like this morning, when my (made in Japan) car wouldn't start, and I had to go to work. And to add to my frustration, Eda's Chevy had no such problems! Granted, mine sat for two days out there in the cold, battling sub-0 (Fahrenheit scale) temperatures and I guess the battery couldn't take it anymore.

I need warmth, sun...

Labels: , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger ELAIS, at 1:21 PM EST

Breath in, breath out..on with more clothes and off you go ;)

Greetings from -32 C :)    



By Blogger bizele, at 3:13 PM EST

I think it's about time you start thinking about moving to a warm place, so that you spare yourself from losing any toes to frost bite. I spent the day at the beach yesterday, it was windy, but hey i saw the sun and the sun saw me.

Greetings from 67 F-This is why I love Florida and bare to tolerate 90 year old drivers...    



By Blogger Lily, at 6:18 PM EST

I like snow. I don't like being cold, but I don't really mind the cold conditions you describe as long as I have warm clothes. It's nice knowing global warming hasn't ruined winter just yet!    



By Blogger Candyland, at 10:27 PM EST

12 years in Michigan is a long time :). Maybe you should consider Florida!! Nice and sunny..except for hurricane season. :)    



By Blogger eni, at 5:15 AM EST

Yeah , you know all people from Tirana look at snow and winter as you've done firstly:)
all of us were eager to snow.But I'm not anymore , cause snow causes real life paralization here in Istanbul.The traffic is terrible.Of course is not that cold as in Michigan.However , this year I'm looking forward for the snow to come as I wanna shot some photos after it.Istanbul becomes wonderfully beautiful after snowing,but I don't believe we'll have snow this winter:( It's not cold enough.Ok Shqipo I know you want to beat me after saying it :) , but I want just 2-3 days of snow , then , let the spring come:))
By the way , you really should consider moving to Florida..
Saper Aude: -32 C??? WOWWWWWWW    



By Blogger Rich | Championable, at 8:56 PM EST

My Miata refused to idle today, even after I drove it for five miles. It's WWWWWAY too cold.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 7:35 AM EST

-32C? wow!

@bizele: why do you rub it in ALL the time???

FL sounds like a good idea, but I'm not 20 yrs old anymore that I can just pack my car and go.    



By Blogger belle_fleur, at 12:12 AM EST

Brrrrrrrrr cold weather, snow, wind, that's winter my friend, you can't do much about it:)) Personally, i like snow. Myabe, i would change my mind after having snow every single day for 2 months in a row....
Shqipo, look it the other way, you would not bring such great pictures on snow in Flickr if it weren't for the snow:))

Take care!    



» Post a Comment