<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Ah, the lawyers...

I always wondered how come lawyers (or is it lay-ers?) are so expensive. I also did not quite understand when people complained how la(w)yers screwed them. But now I know why! Damn it, I am in the wrong business!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger bizele, at 11:11 PM EDT

Disregarding the story behind Anna Nicole's lawyer...I must tell you that there are certain false misconceptions about lawyers. Until April of this year I was working for two of them. They weren’t big shot lawyers, in fact they only had a modest private practice. Working with them I realized that they deserved and worked hard for every single penny that they charged. They scrutinized every possible scenario of the case, foreshadowing any future complications, keeping themselves within strict ethical limitations, outlining every direct or indirect implication of the law, to the point where I think by nature they had both become paranoid about exploring every minimal detail, and went about this route to deal with any other happenings in their life (regardless of the fact that they weren’t law related). Yes they were hungry for money, they charged you an arm and a leg, but at the end of the day I can truly they served their clients well and protected their interests. What is more important, even though we seldom think of lawyers as honest and ethical, the system is set up in such a way that they have no choice but to be ethical. I’m not saying they are great, but they are not as bad as we think they are. This was my two cents on lawyers, which probably does not relate much to your post and is way too long for a comment on a blog, but it is what it is…    



By Blogger Rich | Championable, at 8:11 PM EDT

Dude, you want to have sex with Anna Nicole? GROSS.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 9:09 PM EDT

Rich, dude, how did I give you that impression?! Although I bet you had her fold out photos pinned up on your room's door.

bizele: wow! I don't know what to say, I'm speechless. Were you planning on becoming a lawyer? :P    



By Blogger Josue', at 8:31 PM EDT

Everyone has an opinion on lawyers. If you know any, that can certainly influence it.

I know some. They are opportunistic and no different than any other person in any industry who does all that is possible to advance....They are just on more of grander stage than most people and can be pretty theatrical in nature and much of it is an act....    



» Post a Comment