<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Fulfilling dinner

Tonight I had a truly Albanian peasant meal: homemade white corn bread (no, not the desert-like so-called corn bread they make here), olive oil, feta cheese, Kalamata olives (damn Greeks that got everything named first) and... homemade Albanian raki (moonshine-like brandy distilled from grapes).

Oh it was sooo good!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Lily, at 12:33 PM EDT

That sounds so yummy, especially the cornbread with cheese. (but not the raki)    



By Blogger shqipo, at 12:17 AM EDT

I forgot, I had scallions with them as well.    



By Blogger Lily, at 2:41 PM EDT

I had to google that..and now I know the american word for spring onions.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 4:50 PM EDT

LOL! Qepe te njoma :)    



By Blogger Lily, at 5:47 PM EDT

Ose...presh.:D    



By Blogger shqipo, at 5:50 PM EDT

Presh = leek :)    



By Blogger Lily, at 6:15 PM EDT

Oops, I should brush up on my albanian, or english, or one of them at least.    



» Post a Comment