<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Flower girl

As I was driving to work yesterday, I see this cute VW Bug beside me. It was a new generation one, convertible and all. Sometimes I turn my head and look at the people driving. It's quite amazing what one can see. Based on my "observations." I've actually thought about a list of driving rules that I will post another day.

Anyway, as I look over, I see this lady who's probably in her mid-thirties. What caught my attention was a bunch of...flowers. Yes, she had a dried bunch of lavender attached somehow to her dashboard. The worst thing is that they were so close to the steering wheel, I have no idea how she drives without them getting on her way. From what I could see, they were about an inch away from the steering wheel.

Hey lady, as if cell phones, drinking, eating, putting makeup on, writing checks, etc. are not enough interferences with driving, now you have to have flowers there too? Perhaps they didn't tell you but the 60s happened 40 years ago, before you were even born. If you don't care about your own safety that's fine with me, but at least think about others who have to share the same road with you, flower-girl wannabe.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger ITS, at 1:18 AM EST

It's actually quite common for VW Bug drivers to place plastic flowers on the dashboard. It's the ultimate reformed-hippie-generation-x-mobile.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 12:46 PM EST

He-he, true, now that I think about it, I've seen other ladies have plastic (although the ones I saw yesterday were real) flowers on their dashboard, sun-flowers, etc.

What's even more interesting (to me, at least) is that the girlfriend of a Canadian guy I work with drives a turbo neon color bug! And she races it!    



By Blogger ITS, at 11:44 PM EST

Canadians' girlfriends are a bunch of crazies!    



By Blogger Josue', at 2:01 PM EST

oh yeah...Vdub drivers are soo unique...about as unique as the next one with lame flowers in their dashboard vases...    



» Post a Comment