<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Hairy Gillette

A couple of days ago, my trusted Gillette Sensor razor finally gave up - not the blade cause I've gone through several those, but the "system" (in simpler words: the handle). It served me well for a few years but I guess they don't make them to last. Now that I think about it, what if Toyota built razors?

Anyway. So I went to the store to get a new one. I didn't want a Mach3 Turbo or any of the "fancy" vibrating ones, just another Sensor Excel. As I was looking for it, I noticed this new one from Gillette called Fusion. Yes, it did have 5 (five) blades!

I guess Gillette, being the first one to start adding blades as a marketing ploy, was caught by surprise when it's rival, Schick, was the first one to introduce 4 blades. So Gillette jumped from 3 to 5 blades. Actually 6 blades, because this new one has an extra blade on the back to level sideburns, etc. That's the only useful feature I find in this Fusion.

Gillette claims that by moving their blades 30% closer than Mach3 Turbo, Fusion can shave better. Well, maybe. I see that narrower gap as a problematic one because it can get clogged much faster, harder to clean. But that's just my opinion.

Is it just me or has this "razor war" gone a little too far? When will it stop? I'm not going to buy this Fusion one... I'll wait till they come out with a 14 blade razor so I can shave my (non-existent) fur!

Just kidding. I'll stick to my Sensor Excel, it does it's job just fine.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Rich | Championable, at 7:51 PM EST

I saw a tv show about the Fusion. Gillette claims the 5-blade thing wasn't part of the plan. It just evolved out of the whole engineering process.

Um. Right.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 6:04 PM EST

LOL! It wasn't part of the plan? I'm sure those poor engineers were caught by surprise "oops! we did it again!"    



» Post a Comment