<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Ah the parents...

Here's another MySpace.com related story that is making news. I will write something else about myspace.com but I'll limit myself to this for now. It looks like a 16-year old girl from our lovely Michigan traveled all the way to West Bank to meet some Israeli guy. Well, good for her.

What makes me angry is her mom's reaction. "Shawn Lester told The Saginaw News that her daughter has "never given me a day's trouble. ... I just don't understand with all these new laws protecting America how a 16-year-old kid could get out of the country."" What?! What do laws protecting America have anything to do with your idiotic inability to know what your daughter is doing - but most importantly, where she's going? Now we need the government to keep track of every kid? Didn't that use to be their parents job?

It makes me laugh how, supposedly, this girl tricked her parents to get her a passport cause she was going to Canada with her friends. First of all, even a WT like her mom should know that there's no need for a passport (yet) to go to Canada. Second, why would they let a 16 year old go by herself to a different country?

Go back to your trailer and learn how to raise a kid!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Rich | Championable, at 10:14 PM EDT

Trailer? I had know idea you were a classist! Seriously, though, I'm sure there are plenty of people here in tony Westchester, NY, who could be duped as easily. But WTF were they doing letting her go to Canada with friends?    



By Blogger Josue', at 11:34 PM EDT

The whole "myspace debate" is so laughable when these suburbanites and most other clueless parents act so surprised when their cute, innocent offspring are setting up dates or showing pics of themselves in their undies....Try LEARNING or KNOWING the technology that you pay for instead of being happy the internet actually baby-sits your kids while you try to live the life of come wanna-be celeb and don't have to actually parent your kids....Idiots....In terms of this chick from MI who's moronic parents fell for the whole "trying to go to Canada" scam, they are lucky her daughter came back to the US in one piece; they might want to sip some common sense juice....idiots!    



By Blogger ITS, at 11:11 AM EDT

Whether I don't agree with the "trailer" label, I do agree with the line of thinking that parents should take their responsibility.

This is the same thing as that dumb chick that disappeared in Aruba.

The parents for over a year have been pointing fingers at everybody but themselves for letting the little whore run around wild unsupervised in a foreign country.

That's all I have to say. And lord help me if I have a daughter of my own some day, because she will be grounded with no access till the age of 55!    



By Blogger shqipo, at 9:36 AM EDT

Ouch, it looks like I'm getting quite a bit of heat for my "classist" mentioning of the trailer assumption (since she lives in a very small village). I guess I'm not that "new age" tolerant afterall :P    



By Blogger Rich | Championable, at 10:06 PM EDT

That's right, you intolerant fuck.

hee hee hee.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 10:44 AM EDT

I'm sorry, did you say something? Cause I was busy talking to Pat Robertson :P    



By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 AM EDT

The most laughable part of the "Myspace" debate is the idea that before myspace kids were safe or did not lie to their parents. When I was a kid we didn't have cell phones (let alone camera phones) or the internet. And I still managed to sneak off for a "hotel weekend" with my boyfriend while my mom thought I was taking the ACTs.

Although, we did live in a trailer.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 1:22 PM EDT

Oh man, I better take that "trailer" part out! FYI everyone, I have nothing against trailers, I think they make a good, reliable and affordable residence.

adjunkie, you're right, we didn't need all of those. Heck, we didn't have a landline phone growing up and still did some "teenage stuff."    



» Post a Comment