<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Greed?

It is amazing to what extent people will go for a free cheap product. I was reading the local paper (online, of course) and they wrote about people who have started to camp outside of the new IKEA store today - the store opens on Wednesday (2 days away).

I need to disclose that I'm a fan of IKEA and I'm very happy they, finally, opened a store here in Michigan. I've had to travel to Chicago, Toronto and even New Jersey to buy something from there. OK, I didn't go to NJ just for IKEA, but I tried to make it sound more dramatic. But I don't think I would ever do anything like this.

Why do they do it? Are they too greedy? Too broke? Do they really hate being at home that much? Are they looking to get away from their spouse? Is their idea of a vacation camping in tents and sleeping bags on cement outside a big cement building...next (really next) to 200 other morons?

What made me angry is that they had brought their kids and toddlers there with them. If the adults are idiots and like this kind of "entertainment" why do they make their kids suffer as well?

How unworthy is someone's time to make them do this? Staying in line, outside, for a freakin' $80 chair makes your hour worth $1.67. You could get a job at McDonalds for 5 times more, you freaks!

And last but not least, who pays for all the police that is needed to make sure these feisty stay-at-home moms don't get into trouble with each other, or for all the cleaning up, portable bathrooms, etc.?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Lily, at 11:43 AM EDT

Camping nicely sounds quite civilised when compared to the stampede and the crushing of people that happened here about a year ago when an Ikea opened, offering low prices to their first customers. People were hospitalised trying to get cheap sofas. Crazy.    



» Post a Comment