<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

"I'm sorry but the closest strip club is 8 miles that way."

Friday I walked by the receptionist at work (my new job) and saw this 19 or so year old girl filling out a new student application. There were two older women with her, which I later learned were her mother and grandmother. I couldn't help looking at this girl's boots: knee-high, very furry, with two little furry balls hanging from strings. They looked very appropriate for an Alaskan winter. Outside was a typical 90+ degree, muggy, humid Michigan day. She had nice legs though, up to her very, very short Daisy Duke shorts.

I tried not to look for too long: it doesn't really look appropriate if you're getting eyeballed by a department chair. The receptionist had a few things to ask me and, in the mean time, the girl got up to take a tour of the school with her marketing rep. So the receptionist started making comments about her see-through white shirt and black bras which barely covered her well-endowed (don't know if natural or not) breasts. Now, I don't really talk often to the receptionist, not because I'm a snob or anything but we rarely work the same shifts. She went on commenting about that girl sporting a camel toe as well. Needless to say, I was shocked, both by the girl's outfit (again: she was there applying to get admitted to college!) and the receptionist's frank remarks. Another interesting thing is that she (receptionist) hadn't even noticed her boots, while I hadn't notice her see-through shirt!

Why would someone dress that way? I am not socially conservative by any means. Hell, I admit it: I feast my eyes when I see girls (who have the body for it... damn I'm shallow!) dressed that way - as long as it's not my daughter or my wife :P But seriously, is it a good idea to show up to an interview dressed that way? And here's the nice closing line: her mom admitted later to the receptionist that she was the one who had recommended her daughter to dress that way!

----------------------------------------------

Since I'm on the subject of revealing clothes: As I mentioned above, I have no objections to them, provided it's tasteful and the girl who wears them looks good in them. There is one thing I don't understand, however: I have observed (yes, I do like to observe people, how they act, etc. - from a distance) that some girls who wear low cut blouses, seem to get annoyed if guys look down their cleavage and try to cover up. Wait a sec, this doesn't make any sense to me: if you don't want people to look down your cleavage, why the hell did you wear that shirt in the first place?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Ginamonster, at 10:58 AM EDT

as a woman who tends toward low cut shirts, I figure that people are going to look, and if that pisses me off, maybe I should be wearing something else.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 10:58 AM EDT

Thank you! :)    



» Post a Comment