<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Flag

I was driving home today and, when I approached this restaurant (which has changed hands/names/types almost quarterly ever since I've been driving by it) I noticed a life-size wooden statue outside. It was an Ah-nold built-like Native American looking out on the horizon...of cars stuck in traffic. What puzzled me was that his loin cloth was the American flag.

As some of you may know, I'm the type of person that gets confused fairly easy by certain things. So here we go:


  1. Since this Native American body builder looked like one of those warriors who we see in movies fighting the white conquerors, what is the purpose of him wearing the flag that way? Was it to show patriotism? Or was it a prize captured while scalping George A. Custer's men?
  2. I am assuming that, in this day and age, they wouldn't display a sculpture of a savage warrior, so he's probably wearing that flag to display patriotism for his conquered land. That's fine with me. But wouldn't patriotism be shown in a different way than a loin cloth, especially since in those days they didn't have the "modern" super-absorbent toilet papers we have today?
  3. Why is this statue displayed outside of a restaurant which carries the name of a city in Yemen? I just don't get the connection.

Confession: I started this post on January 11, 2006

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Josue', at 4:32 PM EDT

God bless America....now go renew your NRA membership. :p    



By Blogger shqipo, at 4:18 PM EDT

I tried to renew my membership but they said I was overqualified with that RPG I own :P    



» Post a Comment