<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

World Cup

I don't know how I've resisted so far writing something about the 2006 World Cup. Afterall, it's only the most-watched event in the world.

I can't claim I've watched all the games. Unfortunately, unlike all the other countries outside of North America, work here does not stop because of World Cup so... I've only been able to watch half of them or so. Overall, I had no expectations that the old European powers would be able to lead this time. I thought some smaller teams would change the map. But it didn't happen. Surprisingly, Italy and France (France!) who played some very mediocre football - err "soccer" - in their group matches, helped by great acting/faking skills and referees, made it to the final. I have been very impressed with the smaller teams, like Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Australia, etc. but I guess skills are not enough, experience is needed as well.

Since I'm not a great fan of any of the finalist teams, I wish them both well on Sunday - and hopefully we'll be able to watch some nice football.

And last but not least, I really don't understand why Americans are not that attracted to this great sport: http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/pgStory?contentId=5676192
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 PM EDT

hey! where the heck did you go?

:-)    



By Blogger Rich | Championable, at 11:07 PM EDT

Probably went with ITS.

Alas.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 12:18 PM EDT

I wish Rich. Instead I'm stuck here... working.    



» Post a Comment