<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Yesterday I went for a coffee with a friend after work. When we were done, I went to use the bathroom. What shocked me was that, instead of the usual "Please wash your hands" notice posted, they had this poster with step-by-step hand-washing instructions... with graphics!

Now, I know many people don't wash their hands when they use the bathroom, despite those "friendly reminders" - but I don't think they do it because they don't know how to wash their hands, they're simply lazy asses.

If someone needs directions to learn how to wash their hands, then maybe they don't need to be in a bathroom - by themselves.

Ah, I love America!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger ITS, at 10:02 AM EDT

Most people don't know to scrub the back of their hands, wrists, between the fingers and under the fingernails.

I can guarantee you that. So hopefully that poster will reach some pseudo-washers.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 11:38 AM EDT

Perhaps it is so, I don't know.

"pseudo-washers" - that's funny! :)    



By Blogger Josue', at 3:46 PM EDT

You know how I feel about peeps who don't wash their hands...Those people need to get sent to an island and live in their own filth with each other...    



By Blogger Rich | Championable, at 10:18 PM EDT

I learned so much. I'm all teared up.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 9:38 AM EDT

I agree Josue'.

Rich: are you all teared up from yawning too much?    



By Blogger Selfmaderadio, at 4:25 PM EDT

Aren't the americans a bit too obsessed with washing? I have an ami college and she washes hands with dish-detergents, at least 5x a day. Pretty sick, since these detergents are stuffed with agressive substances that kill everything, even your skin.    



By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 PM EDT

i don't know what you're talking about. I'm printing this out and making copies so I always have one with me. I always got lost after the "put soap on hands" step.

Now I too can join the ranks of people with clean hands.    



By Blogger shqipo, at 7:34 PM EDT

adjunky: don't forget to laminate it. :P hm... now that you said that, I think I'll turn this idea into a business: print wallet-size instructions. Hm...

Radio: it depends. I think those types of ppl like your colleague suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder.    



By Blogger bytycci, at 3:31 PM EDT

hey man,
have you noticed those "Employees must wash hands..." signs, how they are posted on top of the sink. I mean if the employee is a the sink that means they are washing their hands already so there is no need for the sign. Shouldn't the sign be at the door, so if an employee is walking out without washing their hands they are reminded? Or may be bars just put the signs there so the patrons can see them .    



By Blogger shqipo, at 10:37 AM EDT

Good point! I think food establishments put them there just because the health dept tells them to do so.    



» Post a Comment