<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Gold-diggers: jump in

As I've mentioned before, I do not follow American Idol. Those few times I've happened to watch parts of it as I look for something good on TV, it has convinced me it's a completely staged (pun intended) show and the creators have instructed that British guy to be an asshole so AI can become more interesting than just a regular high school talent show.

But I had no idea that being on a TV show (e.g. AI, Bachelor, Bachelorette, Survivor... you get my point) would automatically make someone the sexiest person or "the hottest bachelor" according to the high-class, full-color tabloid, a.k.a. People magazine. I can't say I am a good judge when it comes to men's "hot" factor but I am having a hard time understanding how Taylor Hicks is considered the hottest bachelor. I guess a different adjective before bachelor would have been OK, e.g. popular or whatever but hot?

In any case, it probably is true - at least for some Alabama women who are willing to kick their husbands out of their bed just to be with someone who has been on TV. What she said just made me laugh: ""He was such a fun kid," Worsham, 32, said. "I'm married. But I'd like to reconnect. He was like a brother to me."" What she was probably thinking, however, is "You were a loser kid we used to make fun of, but now you're a loser who won AI."

But what cracks me up the most is Mr. Hicks (being from Alabama, with that name... what a combination!) confessed to People: "He then said he was on the lookout for another love interest: a mystery blond woman he briefly exchanged glances with on an airline flight." Love interest? With some girl who was probably looking at the hunk behind you? C'mon!

Public announcement: If you're reading this and you are that brunette we exchanged glances with in that college bar in Mt. Pleasant back in 1997, please email me, I'm still in love with you.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM EDT

OHMYGOD!

i have been looking for you since '97. Oh, How could I forget that glance of you. I am since completely in love with you. Thanks god you have a blog. Thanks god you spoked it out so I could find you again. OHMYGOD! I can't believe it. I found you. DO you really love me?    



By Blogger shqipo, at 5:27 PM EDT

OMG! Thank...DoD and Sir Berners-Lee for the internets that made me connect to you! This is incredible! YESSSSS! I loved you since the moment I saw you chug that cheap domestic beer in that plastic cup. Call me at 555-LOVE    



By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 AM EDT

your voice in telephon was SOO sweet, like your eyes (that's how I remember them). psss, don't tell it to anybody that we meet. I am so nervous, are you going to remember me? Are you going to find me beautiful, again? So many questions and so many hours till to the answers. I will wait for you with a plastic cup in my hands, of course, with domestic beer. I am a patriot. in love forever    



By Blogger Lily, at 11:57 AM EDT

Erm,I apologise for interefering in such an intimate conversation...but anonymous, you're taking this too far now, he's married you know.;)    



By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 AM EDT

Lily of London,

of course I know he is married. He, too ;)    



» Post a Comment