<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

I'm pissed!

OK, now I'm pissed! Why the hell didn't they publish this before I spent tens of thousands of dollars and countless hours of studying and stress to get one bachelor's degree and two masters' ones? How fair is it that these people are making quite a bit more than I do while they didn't have to worry about studying or paying back student loans? Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming these uneducated people - noone in the right mind will turn down a good salary. It's just that I don't understand this system - and I feel so stupid for what I've gone through!

On the other hand, I feel sooo safe knowing that someone with a GED diploma is making sure the plane I fly in is landing safe, or is protecting me from crime, or is deciding which much more educated person stays, or not, (ITS, I feel your pain!) in this country. The latter case is one of irony's culminationg points, in my opinion. Patheticism laughs in my face... .

College graduated people, unite!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Lily, at 12:01 PM EST

I read that article too, and it is pretty annoying. Particularly the immigration officers being undeducated and only having a few months training, yet still deciding the course of your life.
But think of it this way, at least you've had the experience of university, which is great in itself, and also gained a lot more knowlegde in your subject. I think it's worth it ( even it costs an arm and a leg).    



By Blogger Josue', at 9:08 PM EST

A college degree is nothing more than a symbol that one is trainable and was committed enough for a certain period of time to complete a course of study...the rest is up to fate, luck and who you know....    



By Blogger shqipo, at 9:52 AM EST

londonlily - welcome! I haven't regretted going to school, it's been one of my best (if not best) decisions I've made. I just felt upset that these other ppl, with no education, not only make more $$, but also hold important jobs, with power to effect other ppl's lives.

josue' - I guess you're right, although I wonder why you're taking classes now to take that PMI certificate... :P    



» Post a Comment