<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Where's Spring?

March 21st is supposed to be the date of the vernal equinox (or spring equinox), marking the beginning of astronomical spring. Well, it's good they've specified it what type of Spring it is cause that fancy astronomical one surely is a foreign name here in Michigan.

Saturday morning greeted me with a light blanket of snow and slippery roads. Nothing really unusual for this part of the Northern Hemisphere. Driving to teach at 7 AM proved to be a more hair-raising experience than expected, however. I was going around a curve at relatively low speed (40 mph) when I feel the back of my car sliding away. That stretch of the road is very close to a lake and looks like moisture had frozen. It sure caught me by surprise (I was dreaming about spring!) but got it under control.

A big Dodge truck (4x4...) wasn't that lucky, however. A couple of miles later, as I was taking merging into another street (Telegraph Rd.), this truck in front of me decided to speed up and...guess what? Yes, he slid out of control. The moron was on the phone and cut his steering wheel too sharp to correct his sliding (which you should never do) and continued to slide from one slide to another in front of other cars until finally made a 160° turn and ended up in the ditch. Good thing it was early Saturday morning and there weren't that many cars on the road. I had to be careful to avoid him.

10 minutes later, I think it was the same truck who got behind me... the guy still on his cell phone.

Can't wait for spring!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger Lily, at 1:31 PM EST

I thought this was gonna be a post about trees and flowers blooming,birds...or something springlike at the very least.:p    



By Blogger shqipo, at 1:32 PM EST

True, it should've been - IF there was any spring around here.    



» Post a Comment