<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Whorez

This morning I turned on the TV so Ema could watch some cartoons. I don't know how (accidentally, I'm sure), she had had managed to switch to some channel other than Nick or Cartoon Network. It was a kids's show nonetheless, something called KidsTV or something like that, showing in one of the "local" channels (the ones you don't need to have cable to watch them).

One of their cartoon shows was something called Bratz, which were a group of girls (4 or 5, don't remember). I could not believe what I was watching! These girlz looked like underage Moldovian prostitutes (no disrespect for that country)! They were wearing knee-high platform boots, something which, I guess, was supposed to be skirts which went all the way up to their crack - and, of course, the now ubiquitous bare midriff shirts. They all wore heavy make-up.

Before this one, there was another show with some fairies or whatever, who, again, were barely dressed.

WTF is this?! If our daughters are watching these little whores on TV, they will ask (or just do it without asking...) to dress like that when they're 4! What's next, a pole to dance???
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger bizele, at 2:34 PM EST

I have to agree; I was surprized myself when I first saw these characters. I would not allow my daughter to watch either.    



By Blogger Josue', at 8:27 PM EST

Hey, maybe these Bratz are just working it to pay for college tuition....:p

I would have changed the channel as well.....    



By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 AM EST

yes you're right ...that's really dangerous...makes you feel so bad..we really were grown up differently and maybe that's what makes us fear ,the thing that we can't control it...I hope in the future I won't face such a thing...I don't know how I'll act..maybe we need some proffssional help:(
Shqipo e paske hap blogun e?Urime...    



By Blogger Rich | Championable, at 9:47 PM EST

Yeah, that shit drives me NUTS.

I don't want my girl thinking that's how she has to be.

Ugh.    



By Blogger Lily, at 4:41 AM EST

The clothes aren't even the worst thing about these dolls, it's their supposedly "sexy" expressions and pouty lips.Creepy.    



By Blogger The PC, at 10:08 PM EST

Wow, a parent discovering the magic of Bratz. I'm glad you shared this special moment with us.
They are beyond repulsive! So many things wrong with them...    



By Blogger Ginamonster, at 2:47 PM EST

I don't know a single mother who allows her daughter to have Bratz. Who is buying them? Mattel is trying to replace Barbie and it just 'aint happinin, man.

PS the dolls? you have to pull off their feet to change their shoes. eew.    



» Post a Comment