<body>

Shqipo's Virtual Mumblings

Shqipo's personal blog, about anything and nothing.

Idol

I can't believe the popularity of American Idol! Granted, I've only watched parts of it once or twice as I was flipping through channels. To me, it's just another stupid "reality" show which is actually puppeted/staged very well. Today CNN has "'Idol' down to the final 4" as one of their top stories.

Of course, all the idols of "Idol" would argue that it's not staged, etc. I beg to differ. How come that, although thousands of hopeful teens go to try-outs throughout the country, there are still truly miserable ones who "make" it to the show on TV so Simon can be nasty to them?

And yes, I do think Simon is well-instructed to be the asshole to everyone so the show can be fun or whatever.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

By Blogger ITS, at 4:12 PM EDT

Yeah, I wrote a reflective piece about American Idol a few months back...

http://www.digitalobjective.com/2006/01/i-cant-make-myself-stop.html

Canadian Idol it's even worse, cuz it doesn't have Simon on it.    



By Blogger Lily, at 6:03 PM EDT

I like watching the auditions, all the weird people who think they can sing.It gets boring after that.

Oh, and count yourself lucky you didn't have to endure a moroccan smarmy ex-stripper called Chico who stormed through the british version of American Idol (called x-factor) and managed to have a number 1, even though he couldn't sing.
Simon Cowell is brilliant, if a little repetitive.    



By Blogger Josue', at 2:12 PM EDT

"American Karaoke" is a waste of airtime, but the millions who tune in everyweek seem to be intrigued...I, for one, have never spent more than 10sec watching that crap. I'd rather hear nails on a chalkboard....well, maybe not... :p    



By Blogger Rich | Championable, at 7:15 PM EDT

I dug the early-in-the-season episodes (the first three from this year are the only ones I've ever seen). They appealed to the horrible side of my personality. But then I got busy and never had time to watch... not even via Tivo.

Alas.    



» Post a Comment